It's been a long time since I wrote something here, mostly because I got distracted by some real private life recently ;) and due to paid work of course. Therefore I thought I'd round up what has happened behind the scenes in my PHP world.
I rewrote the output control layer for PHP-6 some months ago and I'm about to upgrade ext/zlib to see how it really works out.
I didn't contribute that much to this upcoming release. Two things I'd like to mention are a fix for the Apache2 SAPI where each header("Content-Type: aaa/bbb") caused Apache to add output filters for the type to the outgoing filter chain and the addition of the error_get_last() function, which is a convenient accessor to the last occured error without fiddling around with INI(track_errors) and $php_errormsg.
There's official documentation now available online in the PHP manual, yay! :) It's not fully fleshed out, but gives some feeling about the provided functionality and hints on how to use this module.
php|a published an article by me about pecl/http in their Augusts issue!
There have also been three releases since 1.0, the most recent one (1.2) today. See the changes since then outlined below.
- Improved response performance (HttpResponse, http_send API)
- Added http_build_cookie() function
- Added HttpQueryString::mod(array $params) method
- Added ArrayAccess to interfaces implemented by HttpQueryString
- Added HttpMessage::getHeader(string $name) method
- Fixed http_parse_cookie() allowed_extras and flags parameters
- Fixed configuration with shared dependencies
- Fixed endless loop in http_build_url("..")
- Fixed HttpResponse::capture() failure if buffered output exceeds 40k
- Fixed HttpQueryString failures with objects as params
- Fixed memory leaks with overloaded classes extending HTTP classes
- Fixed build with gcc-2.95 (Thanks to Alexander Zhuravlev)
- Fixed memory leak in inflate code (Thanks to Thomas Landro Johnsen)
Post a Comment